Winter is almost here, and it’s important to make sure that your vehicle is prepared for hazardous weather conditions. Read our guide and tips for what to put in your winter car safety kit that will prepare for any road condition. We’re proud to be the West Windsor-area destination for all of your automotive service tips and tricks.
The Best Car Emergency Kit
East Coast winters are unpredictable, and we want to make sure that you’re prepared to handle the slick roads and unpredictable weather. Our guide ensures that you have the necessary tools if you end up stranded or your vehicle breaks down. Check out our recommended emergency tool kit for your car:
- Battery cables
- Ice scraper
- Portable shovel
- Items to help when stranded: flashlight, warning signaling cones, backup batteries, safety vest, and roadside triangles
- Basic first-aid kit
- Cell phone charger
- Flat tire kit
- Common winter items: gloves, blanket, rain poncho, rags, boots, socks, a hat. Pack anything to keep you warm if you get stranded during a snowstorm.
Essential Items for Long Road Trips This Winter
Are you heading out of state this winter? Make sure you’re prepared by having these items on hand in your vehicle:
- Tow strap: This tool is helpful if your Jaguar vehicle gets stuck in a ditch, and another vehicle is required to help get you out. Refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual about the proper way of using a tow strap.
- Fire extinguisher: This is recommended to have in case of a small fire. However, the fire extinguisher you purchase needs to be intended for automotive use.
- Long-lasting food and water: It’s good to have long-lasting food and water, especially if you’re heading out of state this winter. Granola, protein bars, and water can last in your vehicle for around six months before needing to be replaced.
If your vehicle breaks down or you end up stranded this winter, stay close to your vehicle. Never leave your vehicle unattended and go off on your own. Contact emergency responders, and they will be able to find your vehicle. Wandering off makes it hard for them to find you. Your winter car safety kit has you covered until help arrives.
Learn More About the Winter Emergency Car Kit at Jaguar Princeton!
If you have any questions or want recommendations for what items to have in your winter car safety kit, don’t hesitate to reach out to our service center.