Many car shoppers from the West Windsor area often ask about the difference between CPO vs. used vehicles. While they both are part of the “used” category, there are still big distinctions between used and certified pre-owned vehicles that drivers in and around the Edison area will want to know about before visiting our dealership for a test drive.
Reasons to Get a Used Car for Sale near West Windsor
With used vehicles, they have been previously driven by other owners. They will vary when it comes to the model year, the number of previous owners, and mileage. Because of this, used vehicles are priced lower than new vehicles and certified pre-owned vehicles. Since these vehicles are not new, you won’t have to worry about depreciation. Cars with 100,000 miles may seem like a huge risk, but some vehicles can last for hundreds of thousands of miles with routine maintenance and care. With that said, remember the following points:
- Thoroughly inspect any used vehicle that you’re interested in buying, and take it for a test drive before making an offer.
- Discuss any issues in terms of vehicle condition or performance that arise, to ensure the vehicle is fit for your needs and safe to drive.
- Some vehicles can last more than 200,000 miles with proper care and maintenance.
Why Go For A Certified Pre-Owned Jaguar in Princeton?
- The model year is within five years of the current model year.
- Generally, the vehicles have less than 80,000 miles, but sometimes up to 100,000 miles.
- A multi-point inspection performed by factory-trained technicians.
- They’re offered with extended warranties and/or limited powertrain warranties.
Most certified pre-owned vehicles are new models with less mileage, but they come at a higher price tag than used vehicles. However, they are still more affordable than new cars. If you’re looking for a vehicle that offers best-in-class technology and premium amenities to enhance your drives around Franklin Township and Montgomery, a CPO vehicle is worth checking out.
CPO vs. Used Cars in Princeton!
You now know, “What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned,” and now we want you to visit our dealership to explore our certified inventory! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.