Purchasing a new Jaguar vehicle with leather seats for your West Windsor drives is an excellent investment and exciting purchase. Leather seats are the perfect upgrade as it feels more luxurious than cloth, but it does require additional care to keep the upholstery in great condition. Learn proper leather seat care by learning how to clean leather car seats with the service team at Jaguar Princeton.
Tips on How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Want your Leather car seats to look new again? Follow these steps below:
- First, vacuum the crevices of your seats to remove any dust, dirt, or debris.
- Apply a pH-neutral cleaning solution to your upholstery, but avoid getting any liquid cleaner into any perforations.
- Use a microfiber cloth and soft-bristled brush to gently clean the leather upholstery.
- After your seats are clean, apply an approved leather conditioner to your seats, and gently work in using a clean microfiber cloth. Let the conditioner dry before buffing in another clean microfiber cloth. Using a leather conditioner will help keep your seats supple and avoid cracking.
What Cleaning Products Should Be Used?
It’s best to use a colorless and simple damp rag to lightly dust your car seats near your Edison home. For more thorough cleaning, you can use warm water with some soap or a specially made leather cleaner to wipe down your seats. Refer to your vehicle’s manual for specific recommendations. No matter which cleaner you decide to use, there are products that you shouldn’t on your seats:
- Sharp objects that may scratch
- Household cleaner
- Dark cloths
- Furniture polish
Additional Leather Care Tips
- Experts recommend having a travel bottle of leather cleaning solution and a clean microfiber cloth on hand in your car. This helps keep your seats clean of dust, spills, and debris while on the go around Franklin Township.
- If you have access to a garage, keep your vehicle in there as much as possible. Avoiding extreme temperatures helps preserve the life of your leather.
- When out running errands in Montgomery or Princeton, watch out for shaded parking spots, as it can prevent sun bleaching and damage.
Get More Cleaning Leather Car Seats at Jaguar Princeton!
Learn more about how to clean leather car seats with the service experts at Jaguar Princeton. Contact our service department for service tips or to schedule your next service appointment today! We’re more than happy to offer recommendations and additional information.