Your brakes play a key role in your vehicle’s performance and safety, so it’s important to stay on top of maintenance and repairs. So, just how much does it cost to replace brake pads? How much to replace brake pads depends on your particular make and model, as well as your driving habits, but the service team at Jaguar Princeton is here to help you get the information that you need.
What’s the Average Cost of Brake Pad Replacement?
Typically, drivers around West Windsor and Edison can expect to pay between $100 and $300 per axle – for an average price point of $150 per axle. Brake pads themselves can vary in price. Organic materials are usually less expensive, while composite brake pads are more expensive. However, the greater expense buys you greater durability and heat resistance. Price will also vary per location, so be sure to get in touch with us at Jaguar Princeton for a quote!
What’s the Difference Between Brakes vs. Brake Pads?
Sometimes you’ll hear “brakes” and “brake pads” used interchangeably around Franklin Township service centers, but the two are very different.
- Brakes refer to the entire brake system: brake pads, rotors, discs, calipers, master cylinder, lines, and, if you drive an older vehicle, brake drums.
- Brake pads are a key component of your brake system, which apply pressure to the brake rotors or discs to cause the vehicle to stop.
How Long Do Brake Pads Last?
Most brake pads last around 40,000 to 50,000 miles. But if you want to get the most out of every set, it pays to drive strategically. If you brake more aggressively, especially with a trailer in tow, this can put tremendous pressure on your brake pads. Coasting to a stop gently when possible is a great way to avoid extra wear and tear on your brake pads, and you’ll be able to go longer between replacements.
Do I Need My Brake Pads Replaced?
Beyond learning how long and how much to replace brake pads, learning when to replace brake pads is key to your vehicle’s safety. Here are some of the red flags to watch for:
- The brakes are making a squealing or squeaking sound.
- The indicator light turns on.
- You hear a grinding metal sound.
- The brake pedal vibrates.
- The brake pads are less than 1/4 inch thick.
Why Choose Jaguar Princeton?
It can be tricky to find a trusted service center in the area, and drivers visit us in Princeton from both New Jersey and New York. Why? Our knowledgeable technicians do high-quality work, from brake pad replacements to more intensive repairs, and they get you back to your busy life in no time at all. Not only are our technician’s experts in fine luxury vehicles, but we have the expertise and resources to bring out the best in any car. Plus, we’re only a short drive away:
- Take West St to I-78 W in Jersey City
- Follow I-78 W and I-95 S/NJ Turnpike S to NJ-18 N in East Brunswick. Take exit 9 from I-95 S/NJ Turnpike S
- Take US-1 S, NJ-27 S, and Georgetown Franklin Turnpike to US-206 N in Montgomery
Schedule Your Service with Jaguar Princeton!
Want a quick quote on how much to replace your brake pads? Feel free to contact us or schedule your appointment at Jaguar Princeton today. Our team is ready to help you in Princeton, so get started today!